He argued strongly that :
- China wished to ethnically cleanse Darfur to get at the oil deposits.
- The Peace keeping force would be ineffective because it would consist mainly of African soldiers who did not wish to be in Darfur.
- China could force the Sudanese Government to stop its genocidal war.
- Goal is looking after 200,000 people. However Goal and other Relief Agencies cannot help the majority of the people because of lack of protection.
- The peace force cannot fire back.
- There is no control of the Sudanese air force or the Janjiweed militia. TheJanjiweed militia is free to continue ethnic cleansing of the people of Darfur.
- China has successfully watered down UN proposals.
John O'Shea argues that China must be brought to heel by a boycott of the Beijing Olympics if necessary. He maintains that the embarrassment caused would force an immmediate change in Chinese policy in Sudan.