Thankfully this crisis appears to be resolved. Unfortunately 2 hostages were murdered. However the Taliban failed to secure the release of insurgent prisoners held in Afghan jails.
Nevertheless some questions arise.
- Did South Korea pay a ransom?
- Why was the crisis ignored by much of the media?
- Arab countries failed to intervene. Why?
- When will Arab Governments ensure freedom of religion for Christians within their boundaries?
- When will Western politicians exert pressure on Arab countries to ensure freedom of religion for Christian minorities.