Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A Kilkenny hurling supporter's superiority complex

The following is a Kilkenny hurling supporter's view of Waterford hurling. No fear that Lionel Hutz suffers from an inferiority complex. The blaahs (Waterford) are of course usually the subject of much derision on KilkennyCats.com

"I always look at us as being the Brazil of hurling. We keep producing the most skillfull, naturally talented players. We are admired and envied from afar. We can win things with average teams by our own standards because we know how to win. We have more titles than anyone(relax Cork people!!). Whereas the blaahs always remind me a bit of England. They wear white shirts. Their supporters are a bunch of yobs. They last won the big one over 40 years ago(actually longer!!) They seem to think their players are the best around. They lose a lot of semi finals._________________I've argued before every judge in the state...often as a lawyer! Don't worry, Mister Simpson! I saw Matlock in a bar last night. The sound wasn't on, but I think I got the gist of it."

Source:
KilkennyCats.com

No comments: