- Telling wheelchair bound Missouri Senator Chuck Graham to stand up at a rally. "Chuck, stand up, let the people see you," said Biden at the rally.
- Called Obama "Barack America." While introducing Barack Obama at a rally in August of 2008, Biden said, "This election year, the choice is clear. One man stands ready to go for change we so desperately need. A man I proudly call my friend. A man who will be the next President of the United States -- Barack America..."
- Biden said "In Delaware, the largest portion of the population is Indian-Americans." "You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.... I'm not joking
- Biden made a very serious gaffe when talking about the swine flu on NBC's Today show. Biden said, "I would tell members of my family - and I have - I wouldn't go anywhere in confined places now. It's not just going to Mexico, if you're in a confined aircraft and one person sneezes it goes all the way through the aircraft. That's me. I would not be at this point, if they had another way of transportation, suggesting they ride the subway. If you're out in the middle of a field and someone sneezes, that's one thing. If you're in a closed aircraft or a closed container, a closed car, a closed classroom, it's a different thing." Biden's spokeswoman had to issue a clarification indicating that Biden did not wish to unduly upset anybody.
- During a White House St. Patrick's Day celebration, he briefly mourned the death of the Taoiseach's (Irish Prime Minister's) mother, even though she was very much alive.
- As he introduced President Obama during the health care bill's signing ceremony, he turned to the President and muttered the following barely-off microphone comment: "This is a big f______ deal."
- At a rally in Nashua, N.H:
Joe Biden, suggested that Obama's former rival Senator Hillary Clinton might have been a better choice for the Vice President than him:" "Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be Vice President of the United States of America. Let's get that straight. She's a truly close personal friend. She is qualified to be President of the United States of America. She's easily qualified to be Vice President of the United States of America. Quite frankly, it might have been a better pick than me. But she's first rate."
Newsmax reports the following:
Rumors are rife that Vice President Joe Biden could be the Democrats’ sacrificial lamb for Obama’s sinking poll numbers and that Hillary Clinton could be his replacement.Read the FULL story HERE
Former Virginia Gov. Doug Wilder added to speculation about Biden’s future last week when he wrote in Politico that the vice president’s gaffe-prone tenure had been marked with “too many YouTube moments.”
Wilder's suggestion echoed a scenario that Newsweek Senior Editor Jonathan Alter outlined in May during an exclusive interview with Newsmax.TV. Asked whether Clinton might challenge Obama in 2012, Alter responded: “I think it would be more likely that she and Biden would trade places — maybe she becomes vice president if Obama is re-elected, to tee her up for 2016.".....