Thursday, March 12, 2009

Obama plans to trample on the Freedom of Conscience of Doctors and Nurses who refuse to participate in abortions

On January 20th 2009 The Bush administration introduced a federal rule that allows doctors and nurses to decline to perform abortions for moral or religious reasons. Doctors, nurses, pharmacists and other healthcare workers can refuse to participate in any procedure they find morally objectionable. Without the policy, doctors, nurses and others could be forced to participate in abortions or to dispense the abortifacient morning after pill, even if to do so would violate their core beliefs. This was a major step forward in the fight to protect the life of the unborn.
Unfortunately Barack Obama-who is a pro abortion extremist-has decided to rescind a policy that protects the conscience and rights of American health care workers. On February 27th 2009 the proposal to rescind the Bush rule was quietly put forward by the Health and Human Services (HHS) Department.
The following appears in the Susan B Anthony List and emphasizes the gravity of the situation:
I recently received an e-mail from Mary, health care worker and SBA List member, in Virginia, who told me,
“I can assure you that my colleagues and myself will leave the profession rather than be forced to participate in such activities...I will not go against the beliefs I have lived my entire life following. Our country already has a critical shortage of nurses, doctors, and technicians to care for the growing population who require experienced, dedicated workers to provide the extremely difficult and highly technical procedures available. We have to take an oath to 'do no harm' before we receive our license to work. I honor my promises, no matter the cost to me personally."

A petition against Obama's proposals may be signed here. Obama is prepared to trample on the rights of the unborn and healthcare workers to fulfil his culture of death agenda. Has the man no regard to the Fifth Commandment?

No comments: