1. "Live and let live."
2. "Be giving of yourself to others...If you withdraw into yourself, you run the risk of becoming egocentric...And stagnant water becomes putrid."
3. "Proceed calmly [in life]."
4. "A healthy sense of leisure...Consumerism has brought us anxiety, [causing us to lose a] healthy culture of leisure." [At this point, the pope also urged families to turn off the TV when they're eating together.]
5. "Sunday is for family."
6. "We need to be creative with young people. If they have no opportunities, they will get into drugs."
7. "[Environmental degradation] is one of the biggest challenges we have. I think a question that we're not asking ourselves is: 'Isn't humanity committing suicide with this indiscriminate and tyrannical use of nature?"
8. "Needing to talk badly about others indicates low self-esteem. That means, 'I feel so low that instead of picking myself up I have to cut others down.' Letting go of negative things quickly is healthy."
9. "We can inspire others through witness so that one grows together in communicating. But the worst thing of all is religious proselytism, which paralyzes: 'I am talking to you in order to persuade you.' No. Each person dialogues, starting with his and her own identity. The church grows by attraction, not proselytizing."
10. "We are living in a time of many wars, [and] the call for peace must be shouted. Peace sometimes gives the impression of being quiet, but it is never quiet, peace is always proactive."